Community Helpers Unit
This Community Helpers and Occupations Thematic Unit is perfect for distance learning and / or Home School as it has everything you need in the one unit and it’s easy for parents and to navigate through.
With over 160 pages of resources, this pack has been created to assist in teaching the inquiry topic of Community Helpers or Occupations to your Early Years Learners.
“I used some of this resource before the school closure for our community helper unit and the students loved it. I have now continued to use it during my distance learning instruction! Thank you” – Dana. A
- 10 page Mini Book – My Community Helpers (children colour in an read – Can be used as an Emergent Reader for their book boxes or for guided reading sessions)
- Label It Sheets – (Both colour and Black and White) can be used as posters, on Interactive Whiteboard for whole class introduction or lesson and individual black and white sheets for children to do independently. (Great for beginner writers!)
- Wall Banners and Headers – 3 different sizes to display on your bulletin boards
- Word Wall Labels – to use as a visual aide to assist with writing
- Flashcards & Matching Names – To be used for oral language/vocabulary extension (Can use for games such as Guess Who, I have do you have, 20 questions and other descriptive language games, Matching games, Print twice for memory games/concentration.
- Who am I Worksheet – children record the names of the occupations near their pictures and colour in.
- Word Search
- Fact Research Graphic Organisers
- Creative Writing Activity – If I was a community helper, I would be a…
Community Helpers and Occupations covered are:
astronaut, baker, banker, bus driver, cashier, chef, coach, construction worker, crossing guard, dentist, detective, doctor, farmer, firefighter, flight attendant, forest ranger, gardener, grocer, hair stylist, house keeper, janitor, judge, lawyer, librarian, lifeguard, mail carrier/ postman, mechanic, meteorologist, military/soldier, music conductor, nurse, painter, paramedic, pharmacist, photographer, pilot, plumber, police officer, receptionist, reporter, surgeon, taxi driver, teacher, trash collector/garbage man, vet
“This was a great addition to our Community Helpers Unit! The students have really enjoyed the activities so far, and I loved how much time it saved me. :)” – Maudie S
Please note, this is a downloadable, digital file that you can access immediately after purchase.
To open the files you will be required to have a PDF Reader such as Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer. Please ensure your software is up to date to avoid compatibility issues.
Purchase of this resource entitles the purchaser the right to reproduce pages in limited quantities for single classroom or homeschool use only.
Duplication for a friend, another staff member, entire school or commercial purpose without purchase of an additional licence is strictly forbidden.
Copying any part of this resource and/or placing it on the internet in any form (even a personal or classroom website/ school server) is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
Copyright ©Chantelle Jacobs
Miss Jacobs Little Learners Pty Ltd
Year 1, Prep / Foundation, Preschool